Canadian cleantech companies are making their mark on the world stage with 12 companies being named to the prestigious 2023 Global Cleantech 100 list, the 14th edition.
This year the list of innovative and promising clean technology companies represents strong diversification of markets and sectors with representation from across Canada.
But the West Coast stands out with six companies calling B.C. home – Ekona Power, Ionomr, Mangrove, Moment Energy, Pani Energy, and Svante.
- Ekona Power develops a revolutionary methane pyrolysis platform to produce industrial-scale hydrogen that is both clean and low-cost.
- Ionomr Innovations has developed revolutionary ion exchange membrane technology that drastically improves efficiency and performance while minimizing cost and environmental impact.
- Mangrove Lithium has developed a modular platform for the cost-effective production of battery-grade lithium hydroxide.
- Moment Energy recycles retired electric vehicle batteries into clean, affordable energy storage.
- Pani Energy develops AI water treatment operations and management software.
- Svante develops energy-efficient technology to capture carbon dioxide from industrial sources at less than half the capital cost of existing solutions.
The Global Cleantech 100 list combines Cleantech Group’s research data with qualitative judgements from nominations and insight from a global, 85-member Expert Panel of leading investors and executives from corporations and industrials active in technology and innovation scouting.
From pioneers and veterans to new entrants, the Expert Panel broadly represents the global cleantech community and results in a list with a powerful base of respect and support from many important players within the cleantech innovation ecosystem.
Last year Carbon Engineering, General Fusion, and MineSense Technologies were include on this list.