The 20th annual New Ventures BC Competition, presented by Innovate BC, has determined their Top 25 startup ventures.
Despite the current uncertain circumstances, this year’s annual competition broke records with over 240 applications from B.C.’s early stage tech startups.
Earlier this month they narrowed the field, naming the 16 companies that would advance directly into Round 3 as well as 27 ventures that were selected to pitch in Round 2.5.
Today they announced the nine ventures from this week’s Round 2.5 pitch day that will join Round 3, creating the competition’s Top 25.
Here they are:
– Acterra Tech, Squamish
– Castofly Technologies, Vancouver
– Eproval, Vancouver
– Daanaa Resolution, Vancouver
– Flameless Cremation, North Vancouver
– LetHub, Victoria
– Optican Systems, West Vancouver
– Qase, Vancouver
– Shop and Shout, Vancouver
The following companies had already been selected to move into Round 3:
– ABOzymes Biomedical, Vancouver
– aDolus Technology, Nanaimo
– Agents Republic, Vancouver
– Buddi, Vancouver
– BujiBui, Vancouver
– Craver, Vancouver
– DivDot, Victoria
– Dignii Technologies, Burnaby
– Fable, Vancouver
– Flash Forest, Vancouver
– Matidor.com, Vancouver
– Rootd, Victoria
– Spliqs, Vancouver
– Streamline Athletes, Vancouver
– ThisFish, Vancouver
– Vanmates, Vancouver
In the next stage of the competition, ventures will be paired with a mentor team and create a condensed business plan.