The annual awards recognize talented individuals and organizations that represent the life sciences ecosystem in B.C. which includes academia, health institutions, research & development, SMEs, government, and industry.
This year’s award winners represent the full spectrum from discovery to commercialization, underscoring the depth of knowledge that significantly contributes to the B.C. bioeconomy, while improving the lives of patients here and around the world.
“We are honoured to participate in the recognition of BC’s most noteworthy people and organizations in the life sciences space,” said Dr. Pascal Spothelfer, President and CEO, Genome British Columbia. “The mix of talent and drive in this year’s group of recipients is remarkable and we look forward to their continued accomplishments over many more years.”
In British Columbia, we are fortunate to have a vibrant and thriving life sciences sector that is distinguished, not only by local and national accomplishments, but international recognition. We have a community of scientists, physicians, engineers, technologists, clinicians, researchers, thought provokers and entrepreneurs, who put it all on the line to improve patient care outcomes.
Wendy Hurlburt, President and CEO of LifeSciences BC said, “We have many entrepreneurial individuals pushing boundaries who have given their all to make a difference. We are truly at the beginning of a new era in life sciences in B.C., it’s wonderfully exciting.”
The 2020 LifeSciences BC Award Winners are:
- Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Aly Karsan
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize – Dr. Poul Sorensen
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership – Nancy Harrison
- Medical/Digital Technology Company of the Year – Canary Medical
- Deal of the Year – Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year – adMare Bioinnovations
- Emerging Life Sciences Company of the Year – Chinook Therapeutics
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement – John Babcook
The 2020 LifeSciences BC award winners will be recognized virtually on Thursday, September 17 at 2pm online. Register to attend.