The New Ventures BC Competition, presented by Innovate BC is back and searching for BC’s best new tech startups.
For the 21st year, New Ventures BC is giving away over $250,000 in non-dilutive cash and prizes to the most promising tech ventures across the province.
Why enter the 2021 New Ventures BC Competition? It’s more than just a contest.
- Education: Learn from top speakers in a series of workshops.
- Mentorship: Join mentors panels and work with a mentor team (Top 25 finalists).
- Networking: Meet their community of startups, advisors, and investors.
- Feedback. Test your business idea with a jury of experts.
- Recognition. Their Top 25 finalists become ventures to watch.
Throughout the competition they run a series of educational workshops and events that are free for BC tech startups.
“Even though the 2020 competition brought a unique set of challenges, it was encouraging to BC’s top startups come together, virtually, to access the education, connections, and funding that this competition is known for,” says Angie Schick, Executive Director at New Ventures BC.
“Over the next six months, this year’s entrants will have an opportunity to showcase themselves in front of an audience of investors, customers, partners, and media. We’re extremely excited to see their innovations.”
Beyond the top three Innovate BC prizes, there are industry specific prizes and a prize for the top regional startup.
Past prize winners include: aDolus, Ecoation, AbCellera, Jane Software, Minesense, Cuboh and Lumen5.