British Columbia has a vibrant and thriving life sciences industry that is distinguished not only by local and national accomplishments, but also by international recognition.
Life Sciences BC has announced the recipients of the 23rd Annual Life Sciences BC Awards which recognize the talented individuals and organizations who contribute to the vibrant life sciences ecosystem in B.C.
This year’s award winners exemplify leadership and innovative thinking; they nurture talent and drive ongoing life sciences sector success within British Columbia and beyond.
Two new Impact awards this year recognize the exceptional leadership shown in response to COVID-19 over the past 16 months. In recognizing their contributions, we celebrate the strength of our life sciences industry not only over the last year but also as a major contributor to the future economic strength and recovery, sustainable employment, and health and wellbeing of the province.
The 2021 Life Sciences BC Award Winners are:
- Life Sciences Company of the Year – AbCellera
- Medical/Digital Technology Company of the Year – Kardium
- Deal of the Year – Aurinia Pharmaceuticals
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year – Novateur Ventures
- Emerging Life Sciences Company of the Year – Notch Therapeutics
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership – Northview Ventures: Doug Janzen
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Achievement in Life Sciences – Dr. Helen Burt
- Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Michael Russello
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize – Dr. Ruth Grunau
- Global Impact Award: Company – Acuitas Therapeutics
- Leadership Impact Award: Individual – Dr. Mel Krajden, BCCDC
The 2021 Life Sciences BC award winners will be recognized at this year’s 23rd Annual Life Sciences BC Awards to be held on Zoom at 2pm on September 23, 2021.