New Ventures BC has announced the Top 10 companies of this year’s startup competition.
The New Ventures BC Competition started in 2000 under the direction of Wal van Lierop, to encourage innovation in BC’s tech sector.
Since then, the organization has supported 2,360 startups, who have created 3,720+ jobs and have raised $302 million in financing.
Who made the final cut? Just 10 companies are still in the running for over $250,000 in cash and prizes in this year’s New Ventures BC Competition, presented by Innovate BC.
In alphabetical order, the Top 10 are:
- LetHub – Victoria
- Matidor – Vancouver
- Moment Energy – Vancouver
- Pocketed – Vancouver
- RightMetric – North Vancouver
- Rootd – Victoria
- Streamline Athletes – Vancouver
- Total Flow Cannula – Vancouver
- TrafficDriven – Vancouver
- Train Fitness – Vancouver
There are eight prizes up for grabs, including four new additions. This year’s prizes include:
- $110,000 Innovate BC First Place Prize Package
- $60,000 Innovate BC Second Place Prize Package
- $35,000 Innovate BC Third Place Prize Package
- $10,000 Innovate BC Regional Start-up Prize
- $10,000 Innovate BC Women-Led Venture Award [NEW]
- $10,000 Innovate BC Social Venture Prize [NEW]
- $7,000 Luminaries “Diamond-in-the-Rough Award” [NEW]
- The NVBC Alumni Impact Award [NEW]
Want to see who wins $250,000 in cash and prizes? Join us for the livestream Competition Awards on October 4, 2021 at 5pm.
[…] electric vehicle (EV) batteries for sustainable energy storage, was recently recognized as a Top Ten Finalist in the 2021 New Ventures BC Start-Up Competition, British Columbia’s largest annual technology competition that offers start-ups with education, […]