Canadian cleantech companies are making their mark on the world stage with 13 companies being named to the prestigious 2022 Global Cleantech 100 list, the 13th edition.
This year the list of innovative and promising clean technology companies represents strong diversification of markets and sectors with representation from across Canada.
But the West Coast stands out with seven companies calling B.C. home – Carbon Engineering, Ekona Power, General Fusion, Ionomr, Minesense Technologies, Pani Energy, and Svante.
- Carbon Engineering develops Direct Air Capture technology that captures carbon dioxide directly out of the atmosphere.
- Ekona Power develops a revolutionary methane pyrolysis platform to produce industrial-scale hydrogen that is both clean and low-cost.
- General Fusion develops private fusion energy systems, specializing in magnetized target fusion.
- Ionomr Innovations has developed revolutionary ion exchange membrane technology that drastically improves efficiency and performance while minimizing cost and environmental impact.
- MineSense Technologies develops sensor technology to bring operational efficiency to the mining industry.
- Pani Energy develops AI water treatment operations and management software.
- Svante develops energy-efficient technology to capture carbon dioxide from industrial sources at less than half the capital cost of existing solutions.
The Global Cleantech 100 list combines Cleantech Group’s research data with qualitative judgements from nominations and insight from a global, 85-member Expert Panel of leading investors and executives from corporations and industrials active in technology and innovation scouting.
From pioneers and veterans to new entrants, the Expert Panel broadly represents the global cleantech community and results in a list with a powerful base of respect and support from many important players within the cleantech innovation ecosystem.