entrepreneurship@UBC is hosting their 2022 Investor Showcase in-person on May 10th at UBC Robson Square.
From human health discoveries and technological advancements to climate solutions and social impact, UBC entrepreneurs are putting Canada on the global stage, leading ventures who are solving the most pressing challenges we face today.
entrepreneurship@UBC in collaboration with the Institute for Computing, Information and Cognitive Systems (ICICS) have leveraged this innovation and entrepreneurial drive, transforming discoveries to impact through venture acceleration in the HATCH Venture Builder.
The 2022 Investor Showcase will feature these 14 startups that are ready to raise.
- ApplyChance is the ‘Indeed.com’ of grad school, connecting grad school applicants to university grad school programs.
- Bioform uses the world’s most regenerative materials to create products that SUSTAINABLY eliminate harmful plastic waste.
- CargoSprout centralizes logistics project management and outsourcing for freight forwarders to save time and money.
- DECAP Research & Development eliminates more than 1 million needlestick injuries workers suffer each year by preventing injuries the entire time a needle is used so workers can use needles without fear of a life-threatening injury.
- GeoGen Technologies is developing a turnkey solution to harvest low-grade heat from inactive wells to transform environmental liabilities into carbon offsetting, baseload renewable energy generating assets.
- HealthQb is developing AI for wearable sensor-based chronic pain rehabilitation.
- Leafi Home is bringing smart blinds to every household.
- MintList is building a marketplace to alleviate key consumer pain points in their car buying journey, leveraging existing dealer inventory and infrastructure.
- Pocketed unlocks billions in government funding to help businesses grow.
- Proton Intelligence is providing the first continuous potassium monitor to help kidney disease/dialysis patients and doctors take modifying actions – drugs, dialysis and diet – to stop kidney disease progression and death which would save the US healthcare system billions dollars.
- Sarcomere Dynamics is creating the most advanced robotic hand in the world.
- Susgrainable is baking sustainability into every bite.
- Sustained Therapeutics is an early-stage company utilizing its advanced clinical and research expertise to develop locally injected, sustained-release therapeutics primarily for the treatment of pain and urologic diseases.
- Verdi is climate-proofing crops by personalizing nutrition for every plant.
This is a free event, and a great opportunity to hear from some inspirational founders, build network connections and help support Vancouver’s thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem. Register today to attend.