Squamish’s Sea to Sky Gondola was built to help visitors get a better view of B.C.’s mountain splendour.
Today it was host to Angel Forum’s Summit on the Mountain, a destination pitch event that has been in the works for years.
Since 1997, Angel Forum has been providing a community for new or seasoned angel investors with a wealth of resources, knowledge, and investment opportunities.
Summit on the Mountain featured 7 unique startups that are in various stages of their fundraising journeys.
- Campertunity is an online marketplace where landowners can list their land for campers to book for short term stay. Think of it as Airbnb for camping. Campertunity is the first in Canada to introduce camping to the shared economy, relieving the pain point of there being too many campers and not enough campsites.
- Divisin is a pricing engine for modern property managers. Divisin works to close the loop between market data and property operations, empowering portfolio-wide decision intelligence.
- Enermetrics uses proprietary software to simulate the granular financial and environmental impact of hundreds of combinations of different technologies on facilities’ footprint. With ESG and Net Zero goal setting exploding in today’s world, Enermetics helps identify the optimal combination of energy solutions based on a company’s baseline, goals, and budget.
- Nectarine Credit is a vendor credit software platform that allows manufacturers and distributors to manage their credit applications and credit decisioning. The current process is broken with billion dollar companies sending out and manually managing hundreds of paper/PDF/Word applications each month.
- Orderlyst is a ground breaking food supply ordering app to help chefs digitize their daily orders. No more clip boards or scrap paper being lost or damaged, track all or your orders and history one place, reduce over ordering and forgotten orders.
- Spraywerx is a nanotech startup that has developed and is commercializing unique and patented technology to coat the internal surfaces of pipes and tubes for wear and corrosion protection.
- Susgrainable Health Foods rescues spent grains from craft brewers to create nutritious, delicious, and easy-to-make flours and baking mixes. Susgrainable is a prime example of a circular economy business that upcycles food that was destined to become waste.
In addition to the seven pitches, the Angel Forum took advantage of the unique mountain location off the Sea to Sky highway to present this year’s Greg Smith Award.
The Greg Smith Award recognizing the investor/company team that stuck together to work through some of the more challenging moments that entrepreneurship inevitably brings.
Presenting the award was Greg Smith’s son Aidan. In 2019 when his father was diagnosed with ALS at the age of 51, Aidan established the Sea to Sky ALS Rally to raise money and awareness of the poorly understood disease.
The 2022 Greg Smith Award was presented to Actenum.
Founded in 2003, Actenum’s scheduling software is used to plan and optimize a wide variety of upstream operations including construction, drilling, fracturing, facilities and pipeline, workovers, well integrity servicing, and general maintenance.