British Columbia has a vibrant and thriving life sciences industry that is distinguished not only by local and national accomplishments, but also by international recognition.
According to the report B.C. Life Sciences Update 2021: Building on a Foundation of Innovation, British Columbia’s ecosystem has never been stronger. The report, released by The Greater Vancouver Board of Trade in collaboration with LSBC, cites that the province is home to the fastest growing life sciences sector in Canada, employing 18,000+ people at 2,000+ companies.
Vancouver also recently ranked the highest of all Canadian cities in the 2021 Life Sciences edition of the Global Startup Ecosystem Report, further demonstrating the critical significance and potential far reaching impacts of the scientific discoveries and innovations taking place within the province.
Life Sciences BC has announced the recipients of the 24th Annual Life Sciences BC Awards which recognize the talented individuals and organizations who contribute to the vibrant life sciences ecosystem in B.C.
The 2022 Life Sciences BC Award Winners are:
- Life Sciences Company of the Year – Acuitas Therapeutics
- Medical/Digital Technology Company of the Year – Thrive Health
- Deal of the Year – Precision NanoSystems
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year – Genome BC
- Emerging Life Sciences Company of the Year – Eupraxia Pharmaceuticals
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership – adMare BioInnovations
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement in Life Sciences – Dr. Simon Pimstone
- Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Lauchlan Fraser
- Global Impact Award – Dr. Pieter Cullis
The 2022 Life Sciences BC award winners will be recognized at the 24th Annual Life Sciences BC Awards gala to be held on September 22, 2022.