With BC experiencing more than its fair share of climate-related disasters — from heat domes and annual forest fires to the devastating floods in the fraser valley — there has never been a better time to shine a light on the individuals and organizations that are working tirelessly to accelerate the development and adoption of critical climate solutions across the province.
Tonight Foresight Canada did just that at the fourth annual BC Cleantech Awards.
This year’s winners represent a variety of cleantech champions within a wide range of categories, but they all have one thing in common; they’re passionate about leading BC — and the world — to a greener future.
“I can’t express how proud I am to see all of the amazing things that are happening across BC’s diverse cleantech ecosystem. With the climate crisis becoming more tangible each day, it’s the continued innovation and collaboration of these inspiring leaders who are pushing cleantech innovation forward in British Columbia and helping us meet our climate moonshots,” said Jeanette Jackson, CEO of Foresight Canada.
The winners of the 2023 BC Cleantech Awards are:
- Startup of the Year: Moment Energy
- Scaling Venture of the Year: Svante
- Community Advocate of the Year: Shannon Bard, entrepreneurship@UBC
- Ecosystem Supporter of the Year: BC Centre for Innovation and Clean Energy
- Corporate Pioneer of the Year: Paper Excellence
- Investor of the Year: Yuan Shi, The51 Food and Agtech Fund
- Funder of the Year: TELUS Pollinator Fund for Good
- Training Institution of the Year: Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions
- Educator of the Year: Basma Majerbi, University of Victoria
- Government Champion of the Year: Nancy Norris, Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation, Government of British Columbia
- Sustainability Hero Award: cleantech community member, Kwatuuma Cole Sayers
Photo: Tyler Klinkhammer
Leave a Reply