The University of British Columbia is a bedrock of transformational research and innovation that is changing the world.
From human health discoveries and technological advancements to climate solutions and social impact, UBC entrepreneurs are putting BC and Canada on the global stage, leading ventures who are solving the most pressing challenges we face today.
A selection of those ventures will take the stage at the entrepreneurship@UBC 2023 Venture Showcase at UBC Robson Square on November 29th.
The Venture Showcase features startups across UBC’s pipeline ranging from up and coming ‘Sneak-a-Peek’ teams at the outset of their journeys in incubation, ‘Ones to Watch’ ventures who are in the middle of commercialization and ‘Ready to Raise’ HATCH Venture Builder teams gaining traction at the acceleration stage.
After a record number of venture applications, UBC has announced the 19 companies have been selected to pitch during 2023 Venture Showcase.
- BobaBot Technologies – Creating the world’s first at-home bubble tea machine.
- Ceco AI – Advancing sustainable water management in mining with innovative technology.
- Focal Lines Technologies – Regaining independence with individuals undergoing physiotherapy.
- Lang Laser Technologies – Providing effective and safe laser treatment system for patients with corneal neovascularization.
- Synoro Med – Providing reusable medical supplies and a reprocessing service for hospitals to decarbonize.
- VitaLink – Providing state-of-the-art portable health monitoring solutions to improve patients’ wellbeing.
Ones to Watch
- BryoSphere Biotechnologies – Providing sustainable, rare specialty plant-derived compounds using moss biotechnology.
- CereCura Nanotherapeutics – CereCura Nanotherapeutics is developing next-generation medicines for patients with brain disorders.
- CNANO – Advancing Healthcare with Next Gen Drug Delivery Technologies.
- Optiforge – Optiforge: iTrailblazing AI driven manufacturing for rapid product development.
- TruMotion Technologies – Providing motion, comfort, and independence to age comfortably from home.
Ready to Raise
- A2O Advanced Materials – Transforming adhesion for technical products that work better, longer, safer.
- Decap – NeedleAID eliminates needlestick injuries and saves clinics time & money.
- Leafi Home – Nova by Leafi converts your existing blinds to smart blinds.
- Mitra Biotechnologies – Building nanomaterials for affordable, universal, and fast medical diagnostics.
- Orca Water – Water analytics and leak detection empowering cost savings and conservation.
- Rohe Homes – We deliver beautiful, energy-efficient homes anywhere in Canada.
- SnapCyte – Democratizing research with a fast, accessible all in one cell analytics toolbox.
Register now to attend the entrepreneurship@UBC 2023 Venture Showcase.