Canadian cleantech companies are making their mark on the world stage with 13 companies being named to the prestigious 2024 Global Cleantech 100 list, the 15th edition.
This year the list of innovative and promising clean technology companies represents strong diversification of markets and sectors with representation from across Canada.
But the West Coast stands out with seven companies calling B.C. home – Ionomr, Mangrove, Minesense, Moment Energy, Pani Energy, Ph7, and Svante.
- Ionomr Innovations has developed revolutionary ion exchange membrane technology that drastically improves efficiency and performance while minimizing cost and environmental impact.
- Mangrove Lithium has developed a modular platform for the cost-effective production of battery-grade lithium hydroxide.
- Minesense has developed shovel sensor technology to capture ore in mining waste and provide real-time analytics during extraction.
- Moment Energy recycles retired electric vehicle batteries into clean, affordable energy storage.
- Pani Energy develops AI water treatment operations and management software.
- pH7 Technologies processes and new methodologies for extractive metallurgy.
- Svante develops energy-efficient technology to capture carbon dioxide from industrial sources at less than half the capital cost of existing solutions.
The Global Cleantech 100 list combines Cleantech Group’s research data with qualitative judgements from nominations and insight from a global, 85-member Expert Panel of leading investors and executives from corporations and industrials active in technology and innovation scouting.
From pioneers and veterans to new entrants, the Expert Panel broadly represents the global cleantech community and results in a list with a powerful base of respect and support from many important players within the cleantech innovation ecosystem.